This Week in Rashida Jones:
In what is sure to become a regular development, Rashida had two exciting developments this week, good for her! She's obviously an enterprising woman! The first is that Netflix (yes, NETFLIX, which has an Oscar-nominated documentary) has picked up her documentary: Hot Girls Wanted! It's either "rife with ... terrifying statistics and absurd montages of the Kardashians and Justin Bieber" or it will "inspire frank and honest conversations with their kids". Sounds exciting!The second is that Rashida's new sitcom is coming together, with two cast members joining! In case you haven't heard of her sitcom, it's a police procedural parody, similar to Brooklyn 99, but set in LAPD, which is a much more corrupt police force!
Harper Lee harps on (again):
Harper Collins (no relation to Lee) has recently announced for there to be a pre-sequel (it's like a second cousin once removed, no one knows what to call it unless they Google it) to the world-famous To Kill a Mockingbird. The book was discovered among old papers (not newspapers) of a deceased friend.T-POP! is cautiously optimistic that this was discovered after Alice Lee passed away (though what a remarkable woman, right? She was practising law after she turned 100! Literally), who remarked that Lee would sign anything a friend put in front of her. However, it aims for optimism wherever possible, and it sure will be popular here. I really love To Kill a Mockingbird.
Frozen is better than people, Stan, don't you think I'm right?:
Or not. Have you heard of... the Frozen effect? It's a dastardly, evil little thing thing that is worming its way into the hearts of young, American boys (but not worldwide, because those places are Commie-stan).Well, I for one am stopping it! We must stop Frozen! How dare they depict a woman as a hero and not as a villain? How dare they depict a man as a villain and not as a hero? The boys are doubting themselves, Britney! They're doubting themselves! Scream America with me, Lindsay! Scream America!
A-MER-I-CA! A-MER-I-CA! A-MER-I-CA!
Seriously though? We need to have a long discussion about what only having 80% of the Marvel Cinematic Universe be white, straight men is doing to their self-esteem. How can boys see themselves in their favourite superhero (Black Widow, obviously) if their favourite superhero is actually their favourite superheroine (even the name is sinister-superheroine... or superheroin? You decide.)?
The Marvel Comics Universe, on the other hand...:
Marvel recently announced their first all-female Avengers team. The cover of the issue is filled with BAMF ladies, you guys.
Dazzler. She-Hulk. Nico Minoru (or Sister Something-Or-Other, I forgot). Storm. Scarlet Witch. Spider-Gwen. Wasp. Karolina Dean. Captain Marvel. I don't even know most of them, but they all look so cool. And it's gonna be written by G. Willow Wilson, who writes Ms Marvel (even though I can't see her on the page? Maybe she's there, but, like, hiding from me? Come out, come out, wherever you are...)! Fangirling out, it's Evelyn.

No comments:
Post a Comment